When: Saturday, March 26 at 9.30am
Where: Digital Media Centre, County Way, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S70 2JW
What is BarCamp Barnsley?
BarCamp is an ad-hoc gathering born from the desire for people to share and learn in an open environment. It is an intense event with discussions, demos, and interaction from attendees.
If you’re a creative, digital freak, geek or entrepreneur you’ll love it.
Attendees arrive on the day armed with talks and decide which ones they want to go along to! The talks can be on anything, from android application development to learning the British Sign Language to new trends in Drupal.
But don’t worry, you don’t have to do a talk to participate! The event is paid for by our lovely sponsors, who will keep you well fed throughout the day starting with breakfast and give you free wifi access and use of projectors etc.
BarCamp Barnsley is being supported by Enterprising Barnsley, Digital Media Centre Barnsley and is being sponsored by bmedia,
If you would like to sponsor this event get in touch with Dev at bmedia.
Register for tickets – numbers are limited so book as soon as you can. If for any reason you are unable to attend let the organizers know as soon as possible so we can allocate tickets to those who have registered.
What happened in the past?
Several barcamps have been held in Yorkshire in Bradford, Leeds and Sheffield. To get a taste of the events look here:
BarCampBradford Video hosted by the National Media Museum
BarCamp Bradford 2009: Summary of the Days Events
BarCamp Leeds 2008: Summary of the Days Events
BarCamp Leeds 2009: Summary of the Days Events
To become a sponsor contact the BarCamp event organisers by email here
There isn’t one… barcamp is a very ad-hoc event, and sessions are scheduled on the day. The delegates build their own event
add your topic here...
Topics I would like to hear about
add a topic here...
The somewhat ad-hoc planning group consists of:
Help out on the day. Add yourself...
Rules of BarCamp
- You do talk about BarCamp.
- You do blog about BarCamp.
- If you want to present, you must write your topic and name in a presentation slot.
- As many presentations at a time as facilities allow for.
- No pre-scheduled presentations, no tourists.
- Presentations will go on as long as they have to or until they run into another presentation slot.
- If this is your first time at BarCamp, you HAVE to present. (Ok, you don't really HAVE to, but try to find someone to present with, or at least ask questions and be an interactive participant.)
What to bring?
An idea for a presentation
Project part-financed by the European Union for further information please click on the link below: